Tuesday, April 20, 2010

all it takes is one text or phone call to throw one's whole world off balance.

the words "hospital" "bleeding" "ultrasound"

ring in my ears.

i pray.

i muster the troops to prayer.

i continue all the activities of my daily life, driving, child care, cooking, husband care, etc....

but my mind is praying. my mind is thousands of miles away with a precious loved one who is in trouble.

and i am just human...

how much more our Father- when something unforeseen and terrible happens- He does not stop running the universe,

but he cares. he thinks. he works. he hears those prayers and he works on our behalf according to his will,

while making sure that planets do not collide, that the earth is tilted just at the right degree, that the sun continues to provide light and warmth to our little corner of the galaxy.

text him- so to speak.

call him- so to speak.

Just like the old song...."Jesus on the mainline, now".

He's there. and he is not thrown off balance. He knows. He cares.

Jehovah-Shammah- the God who is THERE.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Delighted to meet you today. And I hear your words in such sweetness, reality, honesty. Thank you for sharing your heart with all of us.

I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to take a dip in God's goodness.

Splashing for His glory,
Sara