Friday, September 17, 2010

God Forgive Me When I Whine

Today upon a bus I saw a little girl with golden hair;
I envied her, she seemed so gay, I wished I were so fair;
When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle,
She had one foot, she wore a crutch, but as she passed - a smile!
Oh God! forgive me when I whine; I have two feet the world is mine!

As I passed to buy some sweets, the lad who served me had such charm;
He seemed to radiate good cheer, his manner kind and warm;
I said, "It's nice to deal with you, such courtesy to find".
He turned and said, "O thank you sir." '
Twas then I found that he was blind.
God forgive me when I whine; I have two eyes - the world is mine!

Then walking down the street I saw a boy with eyes of blue;
He stood and watched the others play, he knew not what to do;
I turned and then I said to him, "Why don't you join the others here?"
He looked ahead without a word, then I knew he couldn't hear.
God forgive me when I whine. I have two ears the world is mine!
- unknown

No comments: